Saturday, October 16, 2004

SF Day 2

Up at 4:30am, basic gear packed by 4:40 and in a hot shower by 4:50. Breakfast until 5:30 and back to pack the rest of the gear and stow the tent. On the route before the walkers at 7am. So starts day 2 and I could not be happier.

Yesterday, Day 1, was an exceedingly easy day on us all. Most of the walk time was in parks and along the bay where we were not needed. When that happens, we get to be cheerleaders which is my favorite part. Last night in camp, we celebrated two crew members' birthdays -- Polly and Kim. Mama Dee, our captain, brought a great looking AND tasty cake to share.

Well, it is time to finish my packing and get on the route before sun up. I am just pleased that, after the wind we had this morning, my tent is almost where I left it. Everyone keep praying for no rain today and tomorrow. We need your help.

Today we head up the eastern edge of the bay thought South San Francisco and Daly City.


No comments: