Monday, March 06, 2006

Oops, sorry :-(


It is possible that I may be a little late in getting this post on-line. Let's see, my last post was Oct 18, 2005 and I was heading back to Orange County to begin my ride to Phoenix for the final 3-Day event of the season -- the 2005 season, that is. Well, it is now March 2006 and I just wanted to let y'all know that I made it to OC! Then to Phoenix! Then back home to San Antonio!

Brief update -- the ride to Phoenix was without incident. The event went very well, especially the day before Day 1 when I met up with a lovely lady who I had met the prior year. Jackie, it turns out, remembered me, my bike and my pigs. This year, she was crewing with Gear and Tent and I got to spent a lot of time getting to know her better. That was a very good thing. ;-)

So, as you already surmized, the event went off without a hitch. I had an awesome time in 2005 and am already registered to crew the event in 2006 now that I know that a person in a key position in Crew has been changed.

To all of my fellow crew mates in Phoenix, thank you from the bottom of my heart! Y'all make the events worthwhile for the walkers and your team mates.

No comments: